Supply and Demand - Every dog counts!
- Can registries help homeless dogs?
- Experiences of new legislation in animal welfare/breeding
- Pedigree dogs and non-pedigree dogs – how do we get (new) legislation to cover them all?
Breeding for Health and Wellbeing
- How to comprehensively address dogs’ health and wellbeing in breeding?
- How to breed dogs that cope well in everyday life, both physically and mentally?
- International cooperation, data sharing, financial support/resources to develop tools for breeding:
- Genetic diversity
- Parentage testing
- Joint EBV estimation for health and mentality traits
Does the colour matter? Defining Breed vs Variety
- What defines a breed/variety and how it influences health and welfare in dogs
- Breed formation and how breeds relate to each other
- Primitive breeds/populations
Program Overview, General Goals, Schedule, and Speakers
Please visit IPFD’s website, DogWellNet.com, for full details of the 5th International Dog Health Workshop.